Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R. Davis, year unknown, impressionism, oil on canvas. Any idea of artist's full name?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. Davis, year unknown, impressionism, oil on canvas. Any idea of artist's full name?

I've been relentlessly googling with no luck at all and was hoping you fine people could point me in the correct directions as I think this painting is truly stunning. Thanks for your time

Close up signature - http://imgur.com/v2flVJb

I found this item on eBay which appears to have the exact same signature. Unfortunately it was being sold by Goodwill and only sold for $30. I don't have any suggestions as to the artist. It could be signed with a pseudonym.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Oil-Painting-...e/301837107046

Comment

Thanks! I'm still searching for an answer but I hadn't stumbled across that link yet, appreciate the help

Comment

Thanks! I'm still searching for an answer but I hadn't stumbled across that link yet, appreciate the help

Comment

Did you ever find any information on the artist? I also have a beautiful painting with same signature

Comment

Hello , i have one also. Nothing on internet about Him/Her..

Comment

It might be Ronald Davis, American painter. I have a piece of his and the signature is similar, the first initial and then the last name. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

It might be Ronald Davis, American painter. I have a painting of his with a similar signature. He went to the same art school as my mother and gave her the piece. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

I to
                  have a R Davis oil painting it of an old man in a pub it simply stunning ..

Comment

We also have an R. Davis of an old man in a pub - it is beautiful - he is napping with a cigarette in his mouth and a glass of rum on the table. I am trying to find out something about the artist. The signature looks different then the signature you posted above.

Comment

I have two R.Davis paintings left to me by my grandmother. They are native but not sure from where. One is looks like a racoon and the other is similar to Kachina dolls. Have searched but found nothing.

Comment

I have an amazing painting of a street scene in the early 1900's signed R.Davis.Definitely an impressionism type painting in oil.Any assistance in tracking down the artist would be appreciated!

Comment

My family has an R. Davis painting of two women in dresses picking flowers near a lake. It's definitely beautiful.

Comment

I have a painting by R Davis called “The Causeway Foot Burn Loch Ness”. It is dated 1921. Maybe the date will help but, like you, I can’t find anything about the painter. My oil on canvass was framed in W London, UK.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X