find painting from description only: artist, title unknown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find painting from description only: artist, title unknown

Still trying to ID a painting of women working at cold frames (these are like mini greenhouses that cover rows of plants to protect them from wind or frost). I'm guessing British or American post-impressionist. Have posted here before and got many great leads, but none has lead to the painting yet.
    Hoping someone else saw this work on the insurance company calendar that I remember, and can id the artist and/or title!
    Have looked at a lot of Barnes, Greacen, Tarbell, etc. My memory of the painting style puts it closest to Frank Bramley, Elizabeth Forbes, and Stanhope Forbes, all of the Newlyn School of painters in Cornwall, but I haven't found it yet.
    The women in the picture wore long shirtwaists and were doing garden work. Very luminous and fairly realistic style.
    Thanks.

The picture of Jesus asleep inthe storm with a red pillow

Comment

A painting of a man holding a white flower

Comment

woman sitting in a heart shaped chair holding flowers in her lap and flowers in her hair. wearing a white dress

Comment

Cannot decipher the painter's signature/ Painting is of a young woman. Blonde hair, red lips, has a gray dress with a large pink bow. Holding a pink carnation in her hand. There is a pink carnation by her ear.

Comment

2 separate paintings 1 is a young boy with big green eyes and a straw hat the other panting is a young.girl with big green eyes I think she is wearing a hat with a flower I think they are named Tom and Becky

Comment

Back many years ago, I found a large picture of a older lady sitting in a rocking chair in front of the fire place. I was to young to read, but do remember that when it was taken out of the frame once. The back side of it was a newspaper. I was only about 3 or 4 years of age at the time. And that was back in the early 50's. I've been trying to Google up old news papers for the past two days now. But have had no luck. I think it may of been during war times when this news paper was printed. Because I seem to recall one or two sords & maybe a flag above the fireplace. So my guess is the news paper was written in the early 1900's or even early 1800's. For back in the 1950's. That old farm house we lived in, was over a hundred years old. It was located in mid-Missouri....I am only trying to find this photo or painting on line, for my sister. For she keeps having dreams of it, as it was on the wall of her bed room most of her child hood years. No one knows what ever happen to it. All I can guess, is the next family may of through it out in the trash. But being it was part of a news paper. I would think one could find it on-line. Have any of you ever seen a picture that sounds like this? Oh!!! This is just another guess here. But I keep thinking that there may of been a cat in that picture also. Maybe on the floor along side of her...Just a guess thought. Thanks for your time.....M.C.S. Dave......

Comment

Was the picture in black and white? Newspapers didn't start publishing color photographs until the 1970s or so. If it was in color then I'd think it was probably from a magazine or perhaps the newspaper was simply in the frame as filler for some reason.

Comment

Okay so been trying to find this painting I saw like a year ago. I have no idea of its title or the artists name, but if it ringsany bells, please help. Okay so it looks like a modern painting. It's of either a trailer or a run-down house. There's a dog and a man sitting on the porch. And there's windchimes and small details it's not a stylized painting, it's very realistic so I'm thinking it's either digital or acrylic. Anyways there's also a woman to the right of the painting walking through the grass holding a child's hand. And they're backs are to us because they're looking out at the sunset. And at the small sliver of sunset you can see the city. And I just really loved this painting. It seems to have a story in it and I hope I can find it again. Thank you.

Comment

Surrealist painting. Three walls of a room. A gold frame on each wall. Left gold frame has woman leaning out with grapes. End wall is a woman sitting in the frame and the right frame has a couple sitting in the frame kissing. On the floor is a naked reclining woman and a man with his back to the viewer. Any idea who this is painted by? Thankyou.

Comment

Painting of girl on hill covered with daisies. She has her back to the artist and is holding a single daisy while looking at the ocean. Can anyone help me identify this painting? Its is a small painting.

Comment

A girl laying on a purple/blue bench reading a book, wearing a white dress, a reptile pet, red and cream tile floors, an obscure painting hanging on top

Comment

snow covered church path with a farmer walking behind his cart of hay painting

Comment

A young woman stands under trees nude as she readirs to swim

Comment

Nun in white habit against a white wall

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X