find painting from description only: artist, title unknown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An oil painting on canvas of an old man lighting his pipe with a child watching a seaport is in the back ground and the match makes their faces glow, it is signed Casal and on the back of the frame is written Mincheu 1963

Comment

Oil painting of an old man lighting his pipe with a child watching, a nighttime seaport is in the back ground and the light of the match makes their faces glow, it is signed Casal and the bavk of the frame has Mincheu 1963

Comment

Oil painting of an old man lighting his pipe with a child watching, a nighttime seaport is in the back ground and the light of the match makes their faces glow, it is signed Casal and the bavk of the frame has Mincheu 1963

Comment

It seems this sub isn't for posts like this but I have tried everything (extensive searching of google) with no luck. My grandparents have this painting and it has been on their wall all of our grandkids life. I don't think it's worth much and seems to be a print.

The point is that my brother in particular has always loved the picture, it's his birthday in two weeks, he's extremely hard to buy for so my plan is to buy him a print of the picture. Please help me find a print. Description:

A small boy stands in a dimly lit church with light beaming down on him from the large church windows. The little boy is standing in the donation bowl and in old text it says something like: 'sorry I do not have "nae" money, will I do?'

It's in olden day spelling and could be Scottish as it says 'nae'. Thank you for reading. Your help would be amazing.

TL;DR: please help me find a print of a boy standing in church donation bowl.

Comment

The painter's name looks like .....Ferber Delray

Comment

Young man wearing a suit of armour, standing with a bent leg in the forest next to his white horse.

Comment

I did a quick search for paintings of Galahad and found a likely candidate...

https://www.wikiart.org/en/george-fr...ts/sir-galahad

Comment

Sailor in profile smoking / I think there is an anchor tattoo on smoking arm. I believe its cubist but have no idea

Comment

Fernand Ledger's "The Mechanic' perhaps? https://www.gallery.ca/en/see/collec....php?mkey=6966

Comment

This is a picture of what looks like a gypsy-like woman holding a tambourine over her head. The signature looks like A. Luisi with a 1203 next to it. There appear to be some ruins/columns in the background. Searched A. Luisi but found nothing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A painting, in 3 frames, a man in a suit scrutinising the person looking at him. I thought it was called 'Hmmm' or somesuch, but searches have been fruitless

Comment

I want to find a painting like sleeping beauty. The sleeping beauty is the the boat where her six sisters surrounding her. A handsome young man is swimming towards the boat.

Comment

2 old rowboats on beach with older man and boy with background of sailboats in water

Comment

Hermanus artist lady in red dress holding flowers

Comment

A young boy in a yellow button up collared shirt and green shorts holding boxing gloves

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X