X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrgmarsbar
    replied
    Trying to find a painting of an old school scene (probably early 20th century school) with snowman in foreground with mortarboard on head and black cloak and a cane. A school master is approaching it dressed in the same way. Some children are seen running from the scene. I think the school building was in the background. I have recalled these bits from 50 years ago when we had this picture at home. I am certain it said 'artist unknown' on it. Can anyone help identify this? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Eirene
    replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    It's a painting of like a jazz-era champagne party—the viewer looks down over a wide amphitheater-style room, with a singer and a band on stage, and dinner tables set up on ascending levels...women in ball gowns, men in tuxedos, glass of champagne...think the opening scene of Temple of Doom, that sort of aesthetic. The overall coloring is sort of a light yellow/off-white on the stage/wherever the light hits, and a sort of mellow blue in the less well-lit areas. I believe there is a darker-skinned woman looking directly at the viewer, but I may be mentally compositing that...heck, the whole painting might not actually exist...I can't find any evidence of it, but it's driving me crazy...I "remember" this painting...
    I was thinking perhaps Degas. Try google image search using the terms Dinner Concert or Musical paintings.

Leave a comment:

• Eirene
    replied
    I am looking for the name of the painter of an oil painting of a boy a girl and a dog walking along side a red barn with fishing rods held over the shoulder.Can anyone help.I have his
    paining over 50 years
    Nostalgic Summer - Eric Sloane Looks like a covered bridge though. https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...-sloane-c-1970

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's a painting of like a jazz-era champagne party—the viewer looks down over a wide amphitheater-style room, with a singer and a band on stage, and dinner tables set up on ascending levels...women in ball gowns, men in tuxedos, glass of champagne...think the opening scene of Temple of Doom, that sort of aesthetic. The overall coloring is sort of a light yellow/off-white on the stage/wherever the light hits, and a sort of mellow blue in the less well-lit areas. I believe there is a darker-skinned woman looking directly at the viewer, but I may be mentally compositing that...heck, the whole painting might not actually exist...I can't find any evidence of it, but it's driving me crazy...I "remember" this painting...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am looking for the name of the painter of an oil painting of a boy a girl and a dog walking along side a red barn with fishing rods held over the shoulder.Can anyone help.I have his
    paining over 50 years

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have an oil painting signed by Marco. Has a number 01731-663 called peaceful harbor. Anyone know something about this painting?

Leave a comment:

• Eirene
    replied
    looks kind of japanese, a big gold/ yellowish circle in the back of the picture. with a lady sitting on what looks like an old timer, with the 2 sand things, speaking to a man with a white beard and white hat.
    This? Although it is not a woman but Emperor Jahangir the ruler of India from 1605 to 1627 that is seated on the hourglass.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...rt_Project.jpg

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    looks kind of japanese, a big gold/ yellowish circle in the back of the picture. with a lady sitting on what looks like an old timer, with the 2 sand things, speaking to a man with a white beard and white hat.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mark Dagenais View Post
    Obese old woman with highly detailed fat rendered in mostly gray tones
    Is it Jenny Saville?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I saw a glimpse of a book cover but couldn't stop.

A beautiful painting big a naked woman with her butt facing the viewer, hugging a naked man who is upside down.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a childhood memory of a Victorian (?) painting...realistic...boy and pony in meadow .Boy offering pony an apple with his right hand while he holds a bridle behind his back in the other hand. The boy had a lace collar and breeches (?). I would dearly love to see this again. Can anyone help me ?

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    My first thought was Jack Vettriano, who is extremely popular and does retro works that sound like this. And it turns out it's probably The Drifter by Jack Vettrano.

https://www.kingandmcgaw.com/prints/...mount-width:50

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Back of man who is wearing a fedora hat and holding a newspaper and overlooking a river gorge or lake

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Saw a drawing/print (I don't know how to classify it) in the de Young, San Francisco Art museum, gallery 17. I believe it is by a 20th century American contemporary artist, although I am not entirely sure if it was American. The words "I will always be good" were written over and over again across the page in small letters. The words "EARLY BIRD" were written in the top right corner. Across the majority of the page an outline of a sink was drawn in black, with a crudely drawn spider (imagine a 4 year old drawing a spider). In pencil, there was something that looked like a leaderboard and had numbers on it, and it had something to do with nations. There was a crudely drawn penis with the words "the pain of circumcision is unnecessary" in very faint letters. Somewhere else it said something about how all animals have the same heartbeat. In the bottom right corner it said something about a river ending.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Dagenais
    replied
    Obese old woman with highly detailed fat rendered in mostly gray tones

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X