R. Delongprie 70

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. Delongprie 70

Any information on this Painting? It has been in Our Family since 1974.
    Attached Files

I have a big tiger oil cavans coming down like walking down with .but my is signed on the left hand side does that mean a fake??

Comment

I have an oil cavans painting of a tiger standing coming down..the name R.Delongprie on right side down on bottom.do anyone no anything bout it? Click image for larger version

Name:	20170309_114011.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	75679

Comment

I have an painting on canvas the signature R.DELONGPRIE is signed on left bottom corner..do any one no anything bout this picture had it since 70s .kept it since
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't think the location of the signature is of much significance. Maybe there was just a bigger blank space on that side of the painting. However, looking at DeLongprie paintings online it looks like there are two distinct signatures, maybe more. Since we don't know who "R. DeLongprie" was, I don't think you would call any of the paintings fakes, but there could be more than one artist signing that name.

There is a person on the page below who claims to have some details about "R. DeLongprie", but I don't know where they're getting their information.
          https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5214123AAOoh9q

Comment

I just bought a very large R. Delongprie painting of seagulls on rocks from a thrift shop for $30 because I liked it. Looking on line, there is quite a variation in the signatures and the styles of the paintings with this name on them.

I would have to agree with the info copied below, that these are decorative works produced by factory artists. But if they are well done and fun to live with, why not? They sure cover a lot of wall for the money!

From the link in the previous post --

"Paul De Longpre is not the same person as (R) Delongprie. Delongprie (with an "i") was a nom de plume (phoney name) used by production artists in a Mexican (later a Chinese) painting factory, which turned out massive quantities of often well painted decorative paintings sold in American and European furniture stores at modest prices. Most of the paintings were copied over and over by various artists in the mass production of a variety of scenes. They have little value since they were mass produced, but many are well done and very attractive and make handsome additions to any home. I have one myself, and have enjoyed it for over 28 years. Since there exist many copies of any given scene, often painted by different artists, the name will often appear written by a different hand. I have never run across a copy of my particular painting (a Jaguar), but a diligent search of the internet may turn up a copy similar to your own."

I did find one of elephants on ebay for $250 --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mid-...-/131865483495

And one of zebras offered for $750 (!!!) --

https://www.chairish.com/product/210...y-r-delongprie

Comment

I have a painting from the same artist, but mine is on a 63 inches X 50 inches canvus and it's a picture of an owl sitting on a rock, in the woods, in the winter time.

Comment

I have same tiger painting with signature on left bottom..but it looks more like R. D. Longpre. No i is seen...

Comment

I have s large canvas of two zebras. On showing there back side. Does anyone know about this painting?

Comment

I have this painting and it looks great, itís over 35 years in the family and Iím looking for details about this painter. Also a value.. nice to see finally more paintings of R Delongprie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1A407E70-2AB6-406B-BAEA-4EF435433D1D.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	564.8 KB
ID:	84013Click image for larger version

Name:	5FC5774E-C42F-4A82-A309-C7CFC10A08DB.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	612.2 KB
ID:	84014
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is this real and have any value.I have searched and searched.Can't find it anywhere.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If it's a painting (as opposed to a print), you probably can't find the exact match online because you have the only copy. There are several threads here about the artist. Little seems to be known about him or her, and they might be worth something but not a lot.

Comment

I have the same painting

Comment

I also have one

Comment

I have that horse painting. It was given to me about 15 years ago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X