Artist Named Ransom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artist Named Ransom?

Honestly, I'm thinking of starting a collection of artists about whom I can't seem to find any information. This piece, about 22 x 16, was painted on canvas and then nailed to a plywood sheet before framing. It's a fall countryside scene, dated 1942, maybe Texas? Seems nicely done (will need a bit of cleaning). Looks like his (her?) name was N.R. Ransom, but I've tried all the combinations and permutations I can think of, with no luck. If anyone has any thoughts, they'd be most welcome.

I have tried a couple of art museums, with no luck yet. Any words of advice?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tcrown; July 20th, 2016, 07:04 PM.

I am the great granddaughter of this artist. Her name was Nanny Ruth Ransom. She was from Enid Oklahoma. You can contact me at Cabianca@att.net

Comment

Well let's get the nice lady a biography on AskArt! I would be happy to facilitate. robertazenskyfineart@gmail.com

Comment

Ruth taught my father, Dr. Robert H. Gengler, from Enid, OK how to paint in the 1960s. Our family has at least 5 of her oil paintings.

Comment

That's wonderful I am glad hear her work is still being admired. Are you still in Enid? I am her great granddaughter and live in California. My families homes are filled with her paintings. When I was a child she would come visit us and would watch her paint for hours. Would love to see images of the 5 you still have. Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X