Girl with Storm Clouds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl with Storm Clouds

Someone posted a question looking for a girl with storm clouds in the background. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted it. Oops, sorry about that. If you want to click "Post Reply" and upload the picture again then we can get the community looking for it.

I have a recollection that someone posted about this artist last year sometime, so I think there's a good chance it will get identified.

Hi

Here's the picture that I'm trying to grab the details for. I saw it in a second hand shop but my partner wasn't keen on the frame or condition of the picture. I'd like to find out if possible the artist and title so I could source a good quality print of it

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120224_170629 Edit2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	471.4 KB
ID:	41821

Don't worry about the deletion John and thanks for posting regarding it!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers, Sharpie

Comment

Yep, someone posted the same picture a few months ago. Artist is Vinciata. See this thread for more details.

Comment

Hi John

Thank you very much for your help, I am quite taken with the picture. I'll definately be keeping an eye out for any Vinciata prints knocking about. I've found it quite interesting reading about Joseph Wallace King and his art.

I've got to say that I don't know much about art in general so I'll stick around the website and try and learn something. I might even think of some more questions!

Cheers, Sharpie

Comment

Originally posted by John
          Someone posted a question looking for a girl with storm clouds in the background. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted it. Oops, sorry about that. If you want to click "Post Reply" and upload the picture again then we can get the community looking for it.

I have a recollection that someone posted about this artist last year sometime, so I think there's a good chance it will get identified.
          I have a 16 x 24 inch print of a girl, more blonde, with clouds, signed in gold, with one breast exposed. The King site shows him in front of the painting I have a print of. elainekinsey@tds.net

Comment

name of who you call girl with storm clouds

the title of this paint is "broken silence" to vinciata. The name you have chosen is not good because most of vinciata's paint have storm clouds in the background. It's the kind of touch from this artist. Friends of mind have the reel original oil on caneva of broken silence and i can tell you that when i see the original at each time i go to them, it's always an extrem pleasure! We can see the details of the brush touch of the artist than you couldn't see in a copy.

Comment

broken silence

Originally posted by Sharpie
              Hi John

Thank you very much for your help, I am quite taken with the picture. I'll definately be keeping an eye out for any Vinciata prints knocking about. I've found it quite interesting reading about Joseph Wallace King and his art.

I've got to say that I don't know much about art in general so I'll stick around the website and try and learn something. I might even think of some more questions!

Cheers, Sharpie
              My name is Joseph and I have a painting of Broken Silence I don't know the velue of it it is in verry good condition if somone could give me an idia thanks.

Comment

Broken silence print

We have a signed print that we put in our garage sale for $10.00. Nobody picked it up and after I went online to see if I could find anything about it , I was surprised to find a lot of info on the artist! I guess I will hang on to it until I find the best way to sell it.

Comment

Mission

Have 6 to 8 Vinciata "artist proofs" all signed ...Wondering of the value?

Comment

I HAVE THE SAME PAINTING ,,,BUT IS ONLY ONE ORIGINALL ON CANVAS. HELD BY THE FAMILY I BEILIVE , THE REST WERE COPYS BY THE SAME ARTIST.

Comment

The copies appear to vary. I have one with textured brush strokes and the signature on the painting. I think patten laws may have influenced reproductions.

Comment

searching for picture

Comment

I have the real thing in Geneva

Comment

My mother has had one for about 35 years, my uncle had bought it at a bar. I always liked it when I was a kid, then I came across another at a flea market a few years ago and bought it for $10. It was not in great condition. I like all his other work as well.

Comment

I also have the same print, it's quite old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X