Odd Question About Picasso Print(?)/Don Quixote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Question About Picasso Print(?)/Don Quixote

I was recently given this item, which I was told was a lithograph of Picasso's Don Quixote, but I'm a bit puzzled. Size is roughly 16 by (just under) 23 inches, and looking at the image, it appears to be a lithograph (no dots, and the image of layering of some of the ink in places). However, it's on this weird textured surface, rather than a smooth art paper. So is it a lithograph, or a good quality modern print? Like I said, I can't see any pixels under magnification, and in some spots, there's a layering effect, while in other places, you can see where the ink didn't quite cover the paper underneath, leaving little white spots. I'd be grateful for any help.
    Attached Files

No expert on Picasso or litho's but my guess would be a good quality print. Usually lithographs are numbered and signed by the artist outside of the image area. Not saying that this is always the case as there are always exceptions. I believe Picasso is one of the most forged artists in history.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X