Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilmer Siegfried Richter id help

I have a canvas painting that is signed W Richter. Can some one tell me if this is Wilmer Siegfried Richter born around 1891. In the frame it is 33x27 . I found a Wilmer Siegfried Richter that was 18x22 that sold at auction for $2000-3000.
    Any info would be great.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

A discussion thread with a number of people who have paintings signed "W. Richter here.
    http://www.askart.com/AskART/artists...&artist=100015

I'm skeptical of any paintings signed with just an initial. Usually artists don't do this, and it's a common way of suggesting that it's by a specific person, perhaps a listed artist, while maintaining plausible deniability of anyone cries fake. I have no way of judging your painting, but here's an example of one of his paintings, signed "Wilmer S. Richter".
    http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6560039

Comment

Thanks

I have a feeling that the painting that we have may be the same at the ones
      on the discussion group. Thanks for the help

Comment

HERE THERE ONE THAT THE LETTERS IN THE NAME ARE IN THE SAME STYLE LIKE IN YOUR PAINTING LIKE THE W AS YOU WILL SEE BUT THERE SOMETHING THAT JHON SAYS THAT MAKES ME THINK THAT FROM ONE SIDE MAKES A PROBLEM WITH YOURS BECAUSE A ALL THAT I SAW FROM HIM ARE SINGED A BIT DIFERENT THAT THIS FACT IS GOOD BUT FROM THE OTHER SIDE IN ALL MOST ALL (BUT NOT ALL) THE PAINTINGS THAT I SAW OF HIM THE SIGNATURE IS DIFRENT BUT IN ALL HE SINGS Wilmer S Richter AND ON YOURS ITS ONLY A W NO S AND RICHTER ... BUT BECAUSE HE GOT A FEW WAYS OF WRITING MAYBE ?
        HERE IS THE FIRST LINK- http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/135501 - SOLD 600$
        AND HERE ONE WITH A BIT OTHER STYLE OF SIGNATURE- http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6560039
        AND HERE IS ONE SINGED ONLY RICHTER AND ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAINT-http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/310829 - SOLD 250$
        SO GO AND FIGURE IT OUT I ALL READY GOT CRAZY FROM SEEING ONE PAINTER WITH SO MANY SIGNATURES... I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU?
        SO HERE WHAT I TRIED AND FOUND AND HOPE I COULD HELP YOU IN ANY WAY
        REGARDS - EMILIE

Comment

Great Info Thanks

Thanks for all the help. I have spent hours looking on line and doing research.
          I to have found that he had different ways of signing his name. It is quite frustrating. But I could not find any that have sold with just W. Richter.
          I am still looking . Some of the sites that I have come across want you to sign up and pay, so I am staying away from those sites and trying on my own. All of your time and research has been most helpful and has let me know that I am not crazy. Thanks Again

Comment

I have the same painting with the same signature, however the the size is 29*23. I would like to find out more about this artist.

Comment

I'm his great granddaughter, no lie!

Hello, I was searching my grea grandfathers name and found this I wanted to tell you I have many painting of his, he died when I as 2 , but he has always been of great interest o me and I recognize the signature and its authentic, sometimes he only did the initial, I have several with just w. richter. Hope this helps and I'm amazed to see people still have his art and its famous like my family says it is! Thanks!

Comment

Dorrit richter riggles

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Hello, I was searching my grea grandfathers name and found this I wanted to tell you I have many painting of his, he died when I as 2 , but he has always been of great interest o me and I recognize the signature and its authentic, sometimes he only did the initial, I have several with just w. richter. Hope this helps and I'm amazed to see people still have his art and its famous like my family says it is! Thanks!
                I am looking for watercolors that your grandfather might have done? I have one that is signed J something does that mean anything to you?

Comment

Wilmer Siegfried Richter watercolors

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Can you tell me if some of the watercolors he painted in Europe were unsigned?
                  I also wonder where his commercial studio was located?
                  Did he have shows in New York City??

Sure hope I hear something on this!!!

Comment

My "uncle" Rick!

I was reading all the posts and might have some info to add. Wilmer Richter was a good friend of my grandfather's who was also an artist. My grandfather and great grandfather were commercial artists at the Chestnut Street Engraving Company in Philadelphia, PA. When Richter moved to FL, he would spend his summers with my grandparents at their farm in Pottstown, PA. He stayed in their spring house and enjoyed drawing and painting the local farms and scenery in PA. I was very young at the time but I really enjoyed drawing with him. My family and I have many of his paintings and drawings. He signed his name many different ways also. I have a lot of his works that are unsigned but I know they are his because they are of my grandparent's farm or are works that he gave my family. I have an entire drawer full of pencil and charcoal drawings that he did! Most are unsigned. Art was his passion and favorite pastime, he would paint on anything available (I have an oil painting that he did on the back of a piece of paneling)! So there are a lot of unsigned works plus many different signatures. I don't think he ever thought he would become a famous artist! He was just my "uncle" Rick!

Comment

Greetings, I have a painting with a " W.Riehter" can anyone help me find more info. please contact me 631-790-8606

Comment

I have a painting too. Its called Path in the healthy land W. Richter I purchased in west florida 20 yrs ago. Please contact with any info at [email protected].

Comment

I have a picture of a street in innsbruck, Austria. There is a signature W. Richter anyone know of this picture???

Comment

I have a picture of innsbruck Austria, it is signed by w richter. Anyone know of any of his paintings from Austria?

Comment

I have three "Wilmer S. Richter" pictures. My father was a student of his at the Florida Art Museum. They were good friends to the end. Richter would travel the world painting. and then send 50 or so paintings to our house where we would hang them in the yard and sell them. He was a very cool man. When I was a kid my family and him and his wife would go shelling in Sarasota.
                              I have a winter barn picture, a summer picture with boats in a bay and a Beautiful Mexican church picture. all three are for sale. If interested text me at 440-227-0175 I am in the Cleveland Ohio area. By the way... The only way I have ever seen his signature is " Wilmer S. Richter. Thanks, Don

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X