Francoise Gilot... Brings Up a Couple of Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francoise Gilot... Brings Up a Couple of Questions

I recently posted this photo of what I assumed was not a lithograph by Gilot, but have recently had cause to reconsider, which brings up a couple of questions. First, the reliability of auction sites. Here's a link to another lithograph, signed in the same hand as mine, which sold for more than $1,000 (https://www.ebth.com/items/1495045-s...rancoise-gilot). I'm admittedly unfamiliar with this site, but my assumption is that the site would not have identified it as such, nor would buyers have plunked down that amount of money without some certainty that the piece was legitimate. The question, then, is how other members of this forum decide on sources of trustworthy information on such things as the artist's signature? Obviously, sources like Christie's, et al, would be reliable, but then how does one sift through the abundance of internet sites beyond the major houses?

Second question relates to the artist herself. I've been trying to find this image on line, with no success. Is anyone aware of an online resource that might house a collection of her prints? I know she is prolific and (last I heard) still working, so the output would be significant, but I'd appreciate any insights into where I might search for online catalogs of her art. As always, my sincere thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X