19th Century Photographic Experts??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19th Century Photographic Experts??

Going through my collection, I ran across something I had put aside to research and gotten caught up in other things. Now that I finally got around to it, I'm coming up empty (lot of that happening lately). Anyway, I could use some help from late 19th century photography experts. I have a sepia-toned photograph, roughly 12 x 14, of one of Raphael's Madonna and Child paintings (Madonna del Granduca). It has the name "Anderson" embossed bottom right, and on the back is the sticker for a late 19th-early 20th century Danish shop specializing in art framing, etc. The shop no longer exists, and no one connected with the Danish art world can find any record of it. I know that James Anderson and his son Domenico were noted for their photographs of Rome, its buildings and art treasures, and I find myself wondering if this could be one of their photos taken for the tourists. I've attached photos of the photo and accompanying stickers, including what looks like a Danish holiday stamp of some sort, in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

For whatever it's worth, I find that the stamp is actually for the Danish Labour Association/Danish Worker's Association, founded in 1908.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X