Another Unidentifiable Artist/ Etching of the Arch of Titus, Rome 1924

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Unidentifiable Artist/ Etching of the Arch of Titus, Rome 1924

Seems to be a lot of this going around. Found a very nice etching of the Arch of Titus in Rome, artist initials in plate L.L. (dated 1924), penciled in at bottom is "Arco di Tito, Roma" and the artist's last name, which begins (as near as I can make out) "Laurem... " and then becomes indecipherable. I've tried a number of different spellings, did an image search (Google thinks it's a house???), and cannot find the artist. Will welcome any assistance.
    Attached Files

I would guess Laurence or Laurencin.

Comment

Thanks, John. You could be headed in the right direction. I did a little more research, and there was a French archaeologist L. Laurencin, who published several articles in the publication of the Institut National d'Arts et d'Archéologie (National Institute of the Arts and Archaeology), published by Le Societe de Saint-Jean circa 1903-8. Could be the guy, although I haven't been able to find out much about the society or the publication, except that it began in 1889. I'll keep looking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X