Identifying signature for Carroll Forseth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying signature for Carroll Forseth

Does anyone know if Carroll Forseth signed his name multiple ways? I have an oil painting that looks similar to the one sold on ebay of Mt. Rainier. But signatures are different. He normally signs his name with the "S" in Forseth extending above the rest of letters in his name. But on my painting all his letters are even. I have attached photo of painting and his signature. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3360.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	90175Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3359.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	931.2 KB
ID:	90176 Approximately 36" x 24 frame not included.
    Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

This page has several works by Forseth for sale, most with signatures. One of them has a signature with the "S" written in the normal way. Of course all we have is the seller's assertion that that painting is really by Carroll Forseth, but that one and yours closely match the artist's style so it seems plausible.

https://www.artbrokerage.com/Caroll-Forseth?view=list

Comment

Also keep in mind that although the asking price for many of those works is in the thousands of dollars, the art market is not very liquid and the amount you receive from selling such a painting could be much less. Findartinfo.com shows one past auction sale for Carroll Forseth for $600. Artnet shows four past sales, but you have to subscribe to find out what the works sold for.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Does anyone know if he signed his paintings using both names ? I have a painting that has Caroll Forseth singed

Comment

He NEVER signed with two r's. His signature is Caroll Forseth

Comment

I have a very large piece signed "CAROLL" and was wondering if it's CAROLL Foreseth.

Comment

That is not the Caroll Forseth I know- never signed with an S and not his painting st all

Comment

I have two paintings by him. One I bought from him personally in Arizona and the other I comissioned him to paint. He signed his last name only and the S is the largest of letters he signs in his name.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X