Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frame or no frame when making portraits for others?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame or no frame when making portraits for others?

Hello, I'm in the planning stages of a small graphite portrait sketching business. It's nothing amazing, just something I'm trying out. I am trying to figure out pricing/options. In people's commission experience, do people generally order portraits that are complete with frame/mat/acrylic, or would they rather get the portrait itself sent to them and they put it in a frame themselves? Should I have the option or just stick with frames included? Thanks so much!

Overall the best thing is probably to pick out 10 successful artists who are selling works of the type and quality that you aspire to, and copy what they do. If you don't like the word "copy", call it Adopting Best Practices. Over time you will want to differentiate yourself from other artists, but at the beginning there's no point reinventing the wheel.

Comment

Thank you so much, that's good advice! I've been researching and will make a decision based on that. I appreciate the reply.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X