No announcement yet.

artist-SEARING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a large city scape painting with the same signature that I took to the antiques road show years ago. I purchased it at a Salvation Army in Columbus, OH. They weren't able to tell me much about the artist. They we're able to tell that it was painted in the late '40s, and appears to be a French scene that was matted and framed in California. They assumed the artist was contracted to paint specifically for furniture designers to sell in room sets. Hence, the nicely framed and matted pieces. If anyone has more specifics on the artist it would be really nice to finally know!

Comment

Hello, I recently acquired a painting by Searing as well. I was told it had a companion to it, that sold several months ago - both were said to have come from Italy. The scene appears to be French or possibly Itallian. Do you have a photo to share of your painting? How were they able to tell that it was matted and framed in CA? Did they happen to know the first name of the painter?

Something I did encounter is a reference that piqued my interest. It was about a similarly matched set of paintings, one signed by Searing and the other Engel. I don't know if the "companion" to this piece was done by the same artists or not. There does appear to be a consistent reference to OH and mention of possibly "the" artist who is elderly now. Apparently, he has a FaceBook account. I don't have a FaceBook account and haven't been able to go searching for the possible artist.

Comment

I just saw one on EBTH that sold for $80. My mom has one of his also which is the one shown. Here’s the link to the one sold: https://www.ebth.com/items/4076872?show=
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a seascape painting with same signature by L Searing...........any value?
          Toronto

Comment

George Searing professional artist for over 30 years New York.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X