Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown artist...can anyone read signature/recognize work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for water colors done by daughter Alida Van Gores. She was my dear friend

Comment

My parents bought an extremely large oil painting by A Van Fires in the 60s. It is a floral done with a palette knife. Does anyone know if it was by mother or daughter? I have the business card that was on the back, but I can't get to it right now.

Comment

I just bought this beautiful watercolor and it's by the same artist. I'm really happy. Watercolor birch trees. I love the colors she's used they are just so beautiful. I never seen anything like it.

Comment

My friend gave me very nice painting of Alida van Gores.I attached for you review.Enjoy!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Alida van Gores 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	457.8 KB
ID:	82853

Comment

i have a oil on canvas painting signed fisherr 1976, i have tryed to find this artiste but i have failed, can anyone help please.

Comment

Originally posted by vmorse View Post
              My mother has had these paintings since the 70s. They seem to be very different from those shown above, but they are signed 'Van Gores'. The three signatures are different from each other as well. One is just 'Van Gores', one is 'A. Van Gores', and one is 'E.W. Van Gores'. The 'G's in the signatures are looped. Can anyone tell me if these were painted by any of the Van Gore family in Laguna Beach, CA? My mother attended the Laguna Beach Art Festival for many years. She died last year and we found these paintings, and others, among her things. We plan on framing and hanging them and would like to know more about the artist that my mom loved so much. Anyone?...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n70134[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n70135[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n70136[/ATTACH]
              "A. Van Gores" is Alida Jr's signature, while "Van Gores" is actually her mother, Alida Sr. They're often confused to be the same person on account of both being artists. I don't know anything about the last one but i hope I've helped.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X