Iím trying to find information on this painting please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iím trying to find information on this painting please

Iím trying to find information on this painting please.
    Attached Files

Well if you type the address into Google, you can find a map to the house P. Souter lived in outside of Sydney, Australia, and even a photo of the house.

Possibly Paul Souter?
    http://paulsouter.fineartstudioonline.com/

Comment

I seen that information but Iím confused with the back of the picture as thatís old and as far as I believe this Paul Souter started art in 1991

Comment

I have a Kevin best art as well. Itís not a limited edition as thereís no number on it.its named frosty lagoon. Iím thinking itís original Itís painted on canvas. Do you know anything about this painting please
        Attached Files

Comment

As for the Souter painting, I'm always wondering why artists don't simply sign their full names. I have no way of determining how old the painting may be.

Kevin Best seems like a fairly well known artist. I don't have any information on him other than what could be found in Google. I did find him in Findartinfo.com, a free database of art auction records. It looks like his paintings sell at auction for anywhere from a few hundred to over a thousand U.S. dollars. Retail gallery prices would be correspondingly higher.
          http://www.findartinfo.com/english.html

Comment

Hi
            with the Kevin best painting what sort of paint would be used on that please. And with the p.souter picture isnít the backing board very old the morioka company. Also I have 1 more painting I canít quite read the signature. Thanks for your help
            Attached Files

Comment

Morilla company

Comment

You can research the Morilla company online. I did a brief search and saw something about them being merged in 1982, but that may not be accurate and it may not be the last time boards with this name were manufactured. If it's too old to be Paul Souter, I guess it could be another P. Souter in Australia. In that case it wouldn't be a surprise if it were a close relative of Paul Souter. You could try contacting the studio and asking.

As for Kevin Best, if you look at the Findartinfo.com site I mentioned earlier, he painted mainly in oil but in acrylic as well. I don't know if you can tell from the photo which was used.

The third painting I can't help you with, but it may have been painted in Asia and shipped to the West with a European-sounding name signed to it. I'm not an art expert and I didn't research the signature, but that's my first thought.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X