Identify painting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify painting

Anyone able to read the signiture in the front? Or any of the writing on the back? All I can make out is “Sydney Cape”
    Attached Files

That's Cape Breton, which is in the Maritimes - in other words the Atlantic provinces of Canada.

Comment

Also I'm not convinced the description on the back is entirely accurate. Why be so specific when there aren't any details in the painting whatsoever that would distinguish the setting from any other coastline in the world? Except Africa I guess.

Comment

Thanks John I agree it’s a bit weird that he chose that setting as the name. Any idea in the artist signiture?

Comment

No, I didn't have any luck trying to decipher the signature.

Comment

A few more angles of the signiture if anyone would like to take a guess
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like mleczko which is a polish name

Comment

Very possibly. I can see several artists by this name in Google, although none whose work is at all similar to this.

Comment

M. Laczko - Hungarian

See here for signature - http://tinyurl.com/y5a4rz8p

A little info - http://www.secondhandpursuit.com/2013-11-09-18-56-32-2/

Comment

Thank you John and Eirene!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X