Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Hesselberg quail

The artist moved from Canada to US;obtained citizienship in Arizonia.
    Born around 1899 Died around 1997
    Noted for doing bird drawings colored pencil
    Ebay has one for bid as a post card.
    Possibly Albert Svend Hesselberg
    My drawing is not a postcard but not sure if it is a reproduction or not
    produced on art sketch paper.No other markings other than signature
    Please commit if you can enlighten me on artist;drawing or technigue
    Attached Files

Artist Correction

The artist is Albert George Hesselberg not Albert S.. Albert G.is a University of Arizonia graduate.Produced drawings,lithographs,post cards,posters for sale to individuals & tourists in the Tucson area (1960s).Contributed around 250 photos of flowers for "Wild Flowers of the United States"authored by Rickett;published by McGraw-Hill (14 books)1968-1971.Although he has a degree in zoology his interest was art of animals and plants(flowers) of the southwest.

Comment

Originally posted by onetimegolfer View Post
      The artist moved from Canada to US;obtained citizienship in Arizonia.
      Born around 1899 Died around 1997
      Noted for doing bird drawings colored pencil
      Ebay has one for bid as a post card.
      Possibly Albert Svend Hesselberg
      My drawing is not a postcard but not sure if it is a reproduction or not
      produced on art sketch paper.No other markings other than signature
      Please commit if you can enlighten me on artist;drawing or technigue

Greetings,

I have what I believe is the original of this quail signed by Al Hesselberg. It has a pair painting of a female quail that I have together. They seem to me to be watercolors, but I am not certain.

Comment

We own two paintings by Al Hesselberg, one the original in the posted print and its twin of a female quail. They seem to be watercolors to me. My wife's grandmother purchased them in New Mexico and we inherited them last year when her mother died.

Comment

I have a Al Nesselberg drawing of the road runner about 20 inches long, and 12 inches tall. Signed Al Nesselberg, and dated 1963. Found behind an old dresser. Not sure if its a print. Can anyone tell me how to tell if its original or not?

Comment

I have a water color of horses by this artist bought in Tucson years ago. Very nice watercolor of a mare & colt.

Comment

I found a print of the road runner that Mr. Willis has. Found it at a thrift store for 6.99. I am thrilled with it. The roadrunner has always been my favorite bird.

Comment

I am an estate seller and we have an identical bird piece in our sale.

Comment

We have a Gambilís quail piece matching the one on this site. I am having problems uploading the lovely picture. It is signed by the aforementioned artist. Call or text Julie for details. 602/859-6784

Comment

I found a chicken quail bird type on a pear cactus with the background of cactus? signed Al Hesselburg love it, what do I have. treeaware@gmail.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X