Need help identifying castle painting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James
    started a topic Need help identifying castle painting.

Need help identifying castle painting.

Needing help identifying this painting. It was passed down to my father. Story goes that there were 3 different castle paintings with the same signature and each sibling got one. We only know of this one still existing. Looked and found several artists with the name Brauner, but not able to find what this painting actually is.
    Attached Files

• Eirene
    replied
    I agree John...discounted him right away. Even the signature is off IMO... he always reversed the N.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brauner.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	98941

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yea, I'm not sure after looking up Victors bio, but i dont know much about art. I'll continue to research it either way.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    The surrealist painter? Hard to disprove, but that seems unlikely to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Got more info, looks like my dad sent photoes last summer to a gallary in Houston. They stated it was early works of a Victor Brauner. I was unaware he had that info. Thanks for the information.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks, I at least know the castle now. I know all 3 paintings mentioned came from Germany. My dad was born in 1950s there. I'll look up Gustav Brauner more as well as I've not seen that name in previous searches.

Leave a comment:

• Eirene
    replied
    It's Neuschwanstein Castle [Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle] in Bavaria, Germany. Anyone think the signature looks newer than the painting? I thought perhaps Gustav Brauner. No sig match.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X