Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winston Megoran (1913-1971 - Okay to sell, but how to post?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston Megoran (1913-1971 - Okay to sell, but how to post?

Good afternoon all.

This is a remarkable watercolour by Winston Megoran which I have decided to put up for sale if I can realistically navigate the postal options.

What few paintings I have ever sold tended to be quite small and therefore easily packaged safely. This painting is approximately 16"x11" (41x28 cms) with a frame size of 22"x18" (56x46 cms)...and with the added delicacy/weight of being glass protected. I'm loathe to make the postage too financially burdensome for the potential buyer.

Does anyone have experience posting such a size safely and not too expensively? Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Attached Files

Try shipping it without glass, especially if it's plain glass and not something stronger and UV protective. That will make it a lot lighter too. I have received a few paintings this way and usually being packed in heavy cardboard is enough. Not too tight - put in some paper or bubble wrap to insulate it from being banged or bent. Maybe put it in a plastic bag or something to protect the surface from being scratched by paper/cardboard. There's probably a tutorial on YouTube somewhere.

Comment

Thank you John.
      I hadn't considered excluding the glass...this would certainly make it lighter and less delicate.
      Regards
      Jack

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X